For the month of February, Dial An Exchange has a special offer running. If you deposit your week during February and meet certain conditions, then you get two exchanges. Your single deposited week gets you 2 exchange weeks! 🙂
How the double deal worksGet 2-for-1 in Feb from DAE
There are some restrictions on what deposits are eligible for this two-for-one special. Here’s the scoop:
- You need to make your deposit during the month of February, 2013.
- Your deposit needs to be a 1-bedroom unit or larger.
- You need to deposit your week at least 6 months before the check-in date.
- You need to make the deposit yourself – it doesn’t work if your resort does the deposit for you.
See details at Dial An Exchange, Feb 2-for-1 Deal
Dial An Exchange basics
Many timeshare owners work only with the major exchange networks (RCI and Interval International) and aren’t familiar with Dial an Exchange. Unlike RCI and II, Dial an Exchange (DAE) is an independent exchange network. Your resort doesn’t need to be specifically affiliated with DAE – they work with people who own at many different resorts around the world.
Here are a few tips about how DAE exchanges work:
- It’s a basic week for week exchange system. You deposit a week, and get a week in exchange (except when you’re getting the 2-for-1 deal above). There aren’t any calculations about trading power – it’s just one for one.
- Your exchange is normally for a same size unit. If you deposit a 1-bedroom, then that’s what you get. You can upgrade to a larger size for an extra fee.
- Each exchange you make requires an exchange fee. Currently the standard fee is $125 for US exchanges, other locations vary.
- When you make a deposit, your exchange credit is good for 3 years from the check-in date. For this special deal, that means it’s good for at least 3 1/2 years from the deposit date (since you need to deposit 6+ months in advance).
Where can you go?
DAE is one of the largest independent timeshare exchange networks, but they don’t have the volume of traffic and exchanges that RCI or II have. You can get an idea of some of their locations by browsing their site (no charge to join). Just be aware that what shows in inventory is typically the “leftovers” – what’s left after existing searches and requests have been filled.
If you’ve never tried DAE before, check out their website. Even if you decide not to take advantage of this February special, it’s good to know there’s another alternative when it comes to exchanging your timeshare.