RCI announced a special sale on extra vacations, with more than 800 resorts available for just $199 for a week. These are mostly shoulder or off season stays, but if you aren’t tied to peak season travel, there are some cool deals here. If you’re a platinum member of RCI, you get a special advantage, too.You could spend a week enjoying this Caribbean beach for just $199
Basics of the timeshare sale
- You have to be an RCI member to take advantage of this deal, and you have to own a timeshare to be a member of RCI.
- This RCI sale is for Extra Vacations, which means that you don’t need to exchange your own timeshare – you just buy the week with your credit card.
- The cost for every week offered on this deal is $199 for a 7-night stay. That’s just $28/night!
- The travel window on these is from August 23 to December 15, 2013. Specific weeks available within this window vary by resort.
- You must book your vacation by June 13, 2013.
A few timeshare deals I spied
I did a quick search through the listings, and found places I’d love to go every month during this travel window. With 800+ resorts listed worldwide, perhaps you’ll find something too!
Out of the available deals, many are for studios or 1-bedroom units, but you will find some that offer 2-bedrooms (or even 3-bedrooms in a few cases). All for just $199/week? You can count me in! 🙂For a more urban getaway, this Las Vegas resort is a possibility
- August in Utah, at the Cliff Club at Snowbird.
- September in New Hampshire, at the Suites at Attitash Mountain Village.
- October on Hilton Head Island, NC at the Island Links by Coral Resorts.
* This one has a 3 bedroom available for just $199!
- November in Las Vegas, NV, at the Cliffs at Peace Canyon.
* This one has 2-bedroom units on sale.
- December in the Dominican Republic, at The Tropical in Puerto Plata.
* While there are many other Caribbean resorts on sale, most of them have mandatory all-inclusive fees, which is a huge hit to the finances. This resort is available for $199/week in December, with NO mandatory all-inclusive fees.
The platinum advantage
If you’re a platinum RCI member, you get one day’s head start on the sale, before everybody else gets in.
Of course, these sale weeks aren’t going to be the most luxurious resorts or the highest demand time slots. That said, however, the platinum members get to search through the listings and pick up their favorites before everybody else gets to. It’s kind of like getting early access to the season-ending sale at Macy’s!
Becoming a platinum member on RCI costs an extra $55/year. Whether it’s worth the cost or not depends on how you use your membership. There are a number of benefits you get, but this advance sale access is a good one.For summer fun, how about hiking through scenery like this in Utah?
See the deals
Here’s how to find these special $199 deals…
- Log into your RCI account at rci.com. While this sale is still on-going, you should see an ad for it on the home page, though the rotating banner doesn’t show it 100% of the time.
- Go into Search for a Vacation, then in the options at the top, select Extra Vacation only.
- Select any region to search. It doesn’t matter what you select now – you can always change it later, but you need to do this to activate the rest of the options.
- Now on the left-hand side at the bottom of the links, you should see a section for My Offers, and a link for Vacations for $199.
- Click that link, and now you can search to your heart’s content, and see what you can find!
Who’s eligible? These deals are only available to timeshare owners who are members of RCI. You don’t need to deposit your timeshare with RCI or do an exchange through them. You just need to be a member, and then this is a straight credit card transaction.
Have you ever gotten any super deals on RCI sales? I know I have, including some great deals on ski vacations last year! If you’re limited to traveling during school vacations, your selections will be pretty slim, but if you can travel at other times of year, you can find some true bargains here!